Vlrireads

ABOUT | À PROPOS

TEACHING PROJECT

RC 2017

NOW READING

A Song of Ice and Fire - A Game of Thrones: The Story Continues: A Song of Ice and Fire: Volumes 1-4 (A Game of Thrones / A Clash of Kings / A Storm ... Swords: Blood and Gold / A Feast for Crows) by Martin, George R. R. (2011) Paperback
George R. R. Martin
Progress: 581/5000pages
L'immortalité
Milan Kundera
Progress: 243/533pages
Chercher le vent
Guillaume Vigneault
The World of Ice and Fire: The Official History of Westeros and The World of A Game of Thrones
George R.R. Martin, Linda Antonsson, Elio M. Garcia jr.
A Game of Thrones
George R.R. Martin
Un amour de Swann
Marcel Proust
La danse de Gengis Cohn
Romain Gary

“ Still, there are times I am bewildered by each mile I have traveled, each meal I have eaten, each person I have known, each room in which I have slept. As ordinary as it all appears, there are times when it is beyond my imagination. ”

― Jhumpa Lahirir

“ And so we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past. ”

― F. Scott Fitzgeral

Review session...

Dear Booklikes friends,

I just decided that I have enough of Goodreads. I must say that I was absolutely charmed to have a social network about books where, unlike Facebook, people can connect and share about something a little more challenging than memes. But how desperate I was trying to cope with the ugly website's design... So many small links everywhere, nothing to do with the app, no way to organize anything and everything was... so beige.

Anyway, despite the lack of mobile app (I surely hope there will be one someday), Booklikes is everything I was looking for. A nice way to share reviews, talk about our discoveries, our personal projects and personalize everything of it. I am one of those who like the beauty of the books. Everything about books feels timeless and time stopper and this is why books are the absolute way out. Some books are absolutely beautiful and photogenic too.

I wanted to tell you (the few who follow me now and the future ones) that I will complete an « about » section one day and that, for now, I will be writing short reviews on the books I already have read in the past. If you see French, don't panic, English will be present as well in the best way I can write it.

Please do share, suggest and comment, I do like to discuss.

- Valérie