The 21st century struggle. - Vlrireads

ABOUT | À PROPOS

REVIEWS | CRITIQUES

RC 2017

NOW READING ☆

The World of Ice and Fire: The Official History of Westeros and The World of A Game of Thrones
George R.R. Martin, Linda Antonsson, Elio M. Garcia jr.
PROGRESS: 19/288 PAGES
PROGRESS: 77/429 PAGES
La danse de Gengis Cohn
Romain Gary
PROGRESS: 140/352 PAGES

“ Still, there are times I am bewildered by each mile I have traveled, each meal I have eaten, each person I have known, each room in which I have slept. As ordinary as it all appears, there are times when it is beyond my imagination. ”

― Jhumpa Lahirir

“ And so we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past. ”

― F. Scott Fitzgeral

The 21st century struggle.

Here is the struggle. Call it the Internet. Or the medias in all their ways. I found yesterday, a very interesting article, probably from a reader who, unlike me, was born before the medias and the Internet explosion. I find it sad for him to slowly lose the ability to concentrate in reading because I know he probably very enjoy reading, so do I !? I am born in early 90's and I am almost one of the next college teachers who will finally have been born in the same environment as the students. Fortunately, I will be more in a position to understand their distraction and their slow reading but I still need to remind myself that I am one of them and I still struggle to keep my brain concentrate and mostly interested in one thing at a time. The Internet taught us to read fast, cut lines, read only the big lines and change subject every five minutes because we constantly need new info, new stories and new things to entertain our brain every twenty minutes. It is kind of sad and certainly a big deal for the education today.

I invite you to read this and share your thought about this if it interest you.

Have a nice day.

- Valérie

The death of reading is threatening the soul by Philip Yancey